Experts say that spending your money on experiences rather than things will make you happier and we know this to be true! Grace Bay Beach in Turks and Caicos is a bucket list item in and of itself and continually tops the lists of the world’s best beaches, and is voted as the #1 beach in the Caribbean by readers on Trip Advisor.
Here are a few more items to add to your Turks and Caicos vacation bucket list:
1. “Go Fish Fry” on Thursday night: Take in the sights and sounds of the vibrant Junkanoo while feasting on local dishes such as crab and rice or lobster mac and cheese. The nearby weekly fish fry is definitely not an event to be missed and is one of the best ways to fully experience the culture of these beautiful Turks and Caicos.
2. Rent a car to explore the island or book a tour to visit either North or South Caicos islands to experience how live in the Turks and Caicos really was!
3. Go horseback riding on scenic Long Bay Beach. The islands are also home to their own riding stables, Provo Ponies and there’s no better way to experience the Turks and Caicos’ beautiful beaches than by riding along into the sunset on horseback
4. Take a helicopter tour since You won’t truly appreciate the whiteness of the beaches and the gorgeous turquoise ocean until you see them from above!
5. Try tabletop BBQ grilling at our sister resort Blue Haven and have a fun time grilling your own meal without ever having to get up.
6. Take a journey down ‘The Hole.’ ‘The Hole’, located in Long Bay in Providenciales is a 40 foot naturally formed limestone hole. Not only is it worth a visit to witness its immense size, but if you want to test your adventurous side you can also be lowered down on a rope where a swimming area lies.
7. Snorkel Smith’s Reef. Smith’s Reef is one of the best snorkeling locations on the island and is accessible straight from the beach.
8. Go swimming in Grace Bay Beach. It is one of the world’s best beaches and you will love the soft sand and completely clear water while you can relax safe in the knowledge that the shallow waters are safe.
9. Go under water but never get wet with a submarine tour for passengers of all ages. Be sure to keep an eye out for all manner of wildlife including fish, turtles, and rays.
10. See what the swim-up bar is all about. Both of our sister resorts, Alexandra and Blue Haven have swim up bars! Share a drink with friends without ever having to towel off.